Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 24 Oct 2016
posted on 24 Oct 2016  -  943 views
By now, you have probably noticed that SGXcafe recently started a
"Cafe". It is a place where people can ask questions or discuss anything related to investment. It also includes blog posts aggregated from blogs mainly from Singapore that are sharing financial/investment knowledge and information. Special thanks goes to Derek from TheFinance.sg for helping me to get permission from each blogger to feature their posts in SGXcafe, and also to all bloggers who have given their permission to SGXcafe.
The Cafe is bringing an exciting period of growth and change to SGXcafe and YOU can play a part too! Here are some ways where you can help SGXcafe to have a vibrant Cafe:
1) If you have any questions or anything you would like to discuss that is investment/finance-related, please feel free to post them. Also, if you are talking about particular listed companies, do tag them accordingly (using their symbol) so that others can easily find them when they visit the individual company pages (e.g.
2) If you own a blog that is financial/investment-centric, SGXcafe would like to feature you too! Please send me a
private message. SGXcafe will only show the first 140 words of each post and have a clear link at the end to your original post.
See an example here.
3) If you see a question or discussion which you know the answer to, or have something to contribute, your active participation is greatly appreciated! :)
4) If there is a user you want to know whenever that person posts a discussion or blog post, follow them. SGXcafe will consolidate all the posts of everyone you are following in
one convenient place for you. Also, "Star" a blog post or discussion that you find interesting so that you can
easily find them again later.
5) Finally, if there is any feature you believe would help make the Cafe even better, feel free to feedback to me. I'm always listening.
p.s.: For all bloggers featured in SGXcafe, I have set it such that you would receive an email whenever someone comments on your blog post. However, you can easily
change that setting here.
- Great initiative! I've discovered many new bloggers with this feature :)
24 Oct 2016 18:55:39
- Thank you :)
25 Oct 2016 15:42:07
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Introducing The New Stock Screener
Win Free Tickets to BigFatPurse ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Growing Dividends - Does Debt-to-equity Ratio and Operating Cashflow Matter? (Part 2)
In the previous article, I looked at how Debt-to-equity and Operating Cashflow (referred to as DER and OC from hereon) would influence Dividend Per Share (DPS). In particular, I looked at see how change of DER and change of OC in year X influences the DPS in year X+1. In this article, I would like to focus on the how absolute DER and absolute OC in year X could be a predictor of DPS in year X+1. Methodology ...
Growing Dividends - Does Debt-to-equity Ratio and Operating Cashflow Matter?
I believe there are many investors like me who love to invest in companies that pay dividends. Naturally, we hope that companies we invest in would have growing dividends. So, the question is "How can we differentiate companies that will have growing dividends from others?" In an attempt to find an answer to this question, I will perform a series of analyses in this and upcoming articles. Today, I ...
Introducing The New Stock Screener
Previously, I mostly viewed "What stocks to buy" as a ranking problem. What this means is that I would rank all the stocks available based on some criteria and pick the top few to purchase. Hence, tools that I built tend to generate a score and ranked accordingly. Examples are iAssist, Dividend Strength and Scorer (Scorer was previously known as Screener). However, after taking the eVIMC course and ...