Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 24 Oct 2016
posted on 24 Oct 2016  -  1,122 views
By now, you have probably noticed that SGXcafe recently started a
"Cafe". It is a place where people can ask questions or discuss anything related to investment. It also includes blog posts aggregated from blogs mainly from Singapore that are sharing financial/investment knowledge and information. Special thanks goes to Derek from TheFinance.sg for helping me to get permission from each blogger to feature their posts in SGXcafe, and also to all bloggers who have given their permission to SGXcafe.
The Cafe is bringing an exciting period of growth and change to SGXcafe and YOU can play a part too! Here are some ways where you can help SGXcafe to have a vibrant Cafe:
1) If you have any questions or anything you would like to discuss that is investment/finance-related, please feel free to post them. Also, if you are talking about particular listed companies, do tag them accordingly (using their symbol) so that others can easily find them when they visit the individual company pages (e.g.
2) If you own a blog that is financial/investment-centric, SGXcafe would like to feature you too! Please send me a
private message. SGXcafe will only show the first 140 words of each post and have a clear link at the end to your original post.
See an example here.
3) If you see a question or discussion which you know the answer to, or have something to contribute, your active participation is greatly appreciated! :)
4) If there is a user you want to know whenever that person posts a discussion or blog post, follow them. SGXcafe will consolidate all the posts of everyone you are following in
one convenient place for you. Also, "Star" a blog post or discussion that you find interesting so that you can
easily find them again later.
5) Finally, if there is any feature you believe would help make the Cafe even better, feel free to feedback to me. I'm always listening.
p.s.: For all bloggers featured in SGXcafe, I have set it such that you would receive an email whenever someone comments on your blog post. However, you can easily
change that setting here.
- Great initiative! I've discovered many new bloggers with this feature :)
24 Oct 2016 18:55:39
- Thank you :)
25 Oct 2016 15:42:07
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Introducing The New Stock Screener
Win Free Tickets to BigFatPurse ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Annualized Dividends and P&L For Your Portfolio
Many features that you see in SGXcafe are requests made by users. I appreciate feedback and feature requests from users, and do my best to make it happen whenever possible. Therefore, if there is any feature that you wish to see in SGXcafe, feel free to let me know! This weekend, I spent some time working on adding new columns (e.g. annualized dividends % and annualized P&L %) to current portfolio ...
Can you avoid investing?
Recently, a friend of mine sent me an article about how you should create a "total portfolio" that takes your career into account as part of the portfolio. That is, if you have a stable job, you should buy risky stocks so that you would have opportunities for huge gains since you are unlikely to get large pay raises. Likewise, if you are an entrepreneur, you should hold safe bonds since your career ...
SGXcafe Turns One! Thank You!
The first SGXcafe article was released on 15 March 2015, so SGXcafe officially turns one today! Many things have happened in this one year. One thousand daily visitors In this one year, SGXcafe has grown from just one daily visitor (me) to more than a thousand daily visitors now. I'm so glad so many people enjoy using SGXcafe. Thank you for your support! Invest using only SGXcafe I have added all the ...