Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 24 Oct 2016
posted on 24 Oct 2016  -  1,277 views
By now, you have probably noticed that SGXcafe recently started a
"Cafe". It is a place where people can ask questions or discuss anything related to investment. It also includes blog posts aggregated from blogs mainly from Singapore that are sharing financial/investment knowledge and information. Special thanks goes to Derek from TheFinance.sg for helping me to get permission from each blogger to feature their posts in SGXcafe, and also to all bloggers who have given their permission to SGXcafe.
The Cafe is bringing an exciting period of growth and change to SGXcafe and YOU can play a part too! Here are some ways where you can help SGXcafe to have a vibrant Cafe:
1) If you have any questions or anything you would like to discuss that is investment/finance-related, please feel free to post them. Also, if you are talking about particular listed companies, do tag them accordingly (using their symbol) so that others can easily find them when they visit the individual company pages (e.g.
2) If you own a blog that is financial/investment-centric, SGXcafe would like to feature you too! Please send me a
private message. SGXcafe will only show the first 140 words of each post and have a clear link at the end to your original post.
See an example here.
3) If you see a question or discussion which you know the answer to, or have something to contribute, your active participation is greatly appreciated! :)
4) If there is a user you want to know whenever that person posts a discussion or blog post, follow them. SGXcafe will consolidate all the posts of everyone you are following in
one convenient place for you. Also, "Star" a blog post or discussion that you find interesting so that you can
easily find them again later.
5) Finally, if there is any feature you believe would help make the Cafe even better, feel free to feedback to me. I'm always listening.
p.s.: For all bloggers featured in SGXcafe, I have set it such that you would receive an email whenever someone comments on your blog post. However, you can easily
change that setting here.
- Great initiative! I've discovered many new bloggers with this feature :)
24 Oct 2016 18:55:39
- Thank you :)
25 Oct 2016 15:42:07
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Introducing The New Stock Screener
Win Free Tickets to BigFatPurse ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Why and How I Use Dividend Strength
As many of you would know, I initially built SGXcafe for my personal investment needs. Hence many tools here exist because I use them personally for my own investing. iAssist and iSuggest were tools that I built in an attempt to help me diversify my portfolio as it was rather challenging to decide which stock to add to my portfolio among the several hundred stocks listed in SGX. However, there is a ...
Did You Beat the Market in 2015? I Did Not.
As 2015 is coming to an end, I am interested to see how well I did, especially since this is the first year where I had sufficient surplus to invest seriously in the stock market. I am especially interested to know how well I fared against a form of benchmark. In a previous article, I suggested that an easy and good way for anyone to start investing is via ES3, an Index ETF tracking STI. The truth ...
At the moment, one of the most highly voted features in Friends of SGXcafe is "Use various known methods to compute the intrinsic value of stocks". As much as I want to do it, it is not easy to compute the real "intrinsic" value of stocks, assuming it even exists. All methods that I have found require subjective opinions of the future. And often, small deviations in assumed values influence the results ...