Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 21 Jul 2016  -  2,006 views
Yes, SGXcafe finally has an app!
According to Google Analytics, about 40% of visitors use mobile devices to access SGXcafe. Naturally, there have been numerous requests for SGXcafe to have a mobile app. Personally, I also wanted a mobile app for SGXcafe to better serve users, but I know nothing about iOS and Andriod development hence I have been procrastinating it.
However, "iOS Universal App" is one of the top-voted feature in the
SGXcafe Friends' feature requests, hence I decided to invest time into learning how to develop iOS apps through online tutorials and documentation.
Today, I am very excited to share that
SGXcafe iOS app is now available in the app store! Please download it and let me know what you think. It is my first mobile app though, so please be gentle :)
Let me also talk about a few features of the app as some might not be obvious:
1) Swipe right to go back and swipe left to go forward. Think of it as a book where you would flip right to go back a page and flip left to go forward a page.
2) Pull all the way to refresh. I see this ability in many apps that I use hence I decided to add it.
3) External websites (e.g. news) will be loaded in a new View where you can simply swipe right to go back to SGXcafe. One main annoyance I have when using SGXcafe on my phone is that whenever I click on a news, a new tab on the browser is open. Hopefully, this will make reading news on SGXcafe a better experience.
- Too bad it needs IOS 9.2 or higher
21 Jul 2016 14:43:36
- Thanks! Its a huge leap.
Will be waiting for Andriod version of the app (:
21 Jul 2016 16:06:13
- @eddy: Oh. You are running on which version? Actually, I think I can lower the version. I am not really using any advanced features. It was the default version they gave me.
@jokesrule: Ah.. Now I have to learn Andriod programming.
21 Jul 2016 17:00:02
- Thanks. waiting for Android version.
21 Jul 2016 17:02:54
- fantastic. will be downloading it to try. Thanks mate :)
21 Jul 2016 23:27:37
- Android... Android... Android...! Haha. Good job, Evan koh!
21 Jul 2016 23:43:38
- @evankoh i'm using 9.0.2 due to jailbreak
23 Jul 2016 00:33:34
- Hi Evan, is it possible to lower the version to 6.1.3? I got an tablet still running on it. It's okie if is not possible. Thanks.
23 Jul 2016 10:06:21
- Hi Eddy and Yong, I will see what I can do. I am also not familiar with it :)
23 Jul 2016 10:26:59
- Hi Eddy and Yong, I have just submitted a new version of SGXcafe iOS app to Apple for review. This new version would require iOS 8.0 or higher. Sorry Yong, I cannot go to 6.1.3 due to some technical reasons.
23 Jul 2016 19:11:15
- Hi Evan, great news, well done again. I'm already using the app on my iPhone.
24 Jul 2016 13:39:01
- thanks Evan
25 Jul 2016 13:16:08
- No worries Evan. Appreciate for your great work. Thanks.
25 Jul 2016 17:00:01
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Updates: Dividend Projection, Dividend ...
Annualized Dividends and P&L For ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Dividends Collected is Back, and Better Than Before
These days, I have been preoccupied with making the switch to using properly licensed data from data I used to crawl from all over the internet. There are still some issues to iron out, but otherwise it is progressing quite well. Due to the switch, I had to take down several features temporarily, and one of the features that went offline was "Dividends Collected". "Dividends Collected" essentially ...
Useful Links for SGXcafe Users
As the amount of content in SGXcafe continues to grow, it is increasing hard for users to easily keep track of everything that is happening. SGXcafe wall is the first effort to make it easier for users to catch up with the latest happenings, especially on the go (via mobile view). Although the wall is customizable to your liking, only 42 users actually tailor it. Hence I would like to introduce two ...
SGXcafe Turns 2!
The first article of SGXcafe appeared on 15 March 2015, hence I set this date to be the birthday of SGXcafe. On this day, let's review the good and bad that happened in the past year. The Good SGXcafe has grown significantly in the past year; it currently has more than half a million pageviews every month coming from 30,000 unique visitors. More importantly, it has received support from 177 users in ...